Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Beach Blanket Babalyon!!!!!

When we are researching things for our trips, whether they be in Canada, the USA, Australia or even if we are heading to Upotipotpon (look it up) we go to a variety of sources. The Internet, Travel Agents, Friends and increasingly the Rough Guides are all places that have the type of information we need.


Several of these sources recommended going to Beach Blanket Babylon. I'm not going to say a lot. If you have been there you know what it's like if not look at http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com/ 

I have often commented on the lack of humour in American Comedy and have put that lack of humour down to an inability to laugh at themselves. I was wrong, this is a great show where there are no "sacred cows" and the writers and performers take the p*** out of lots and lots of people from all over the world, including the USA. To make it better the singers and dancers are great and the script/song writers are fabulous.

It was the most entertaining musical review that I have seen. If you are in San Francisco do yourself a favour and head down to

CLUB FUGAZI

678 Beach Blanket Babylon Boulevard
(Green Street)
San Francisco CA 94133


Lots and lots of fun....


After the show Julie, Paulette, Alan and I went in search of a drink (as you do). We had hoped to call in at http://www.thestinkingrose.com/about.htm but alas it was closed. Never mind there are lots of really good bars so we just had a couple of drinks and continued the laughter at the Vesuvio http://www.vesuvio.com/. A great bar! We finished up back the Francisco Bay hotel where we had a couple more quiet drinks and swapped travellers tales before calling it a night...

No comments:

Post a Comment